Electronic Repair of Musical
Instruments and Equipment since 1980
For information on warranty status please refer to your product information/instruction
manuals as length of warranty and coverage's vary according to manufacturer and
type of product.
REQUIREMENTS FOR WARRANTY COVERAGE AT BACK STAGE, INC.
- We need a copy (not the original) of your purchase receipt that clearly shows your name,
the company/store of purchase, date of purchase, and model & and serial
- We need a clear description of the
problem and your phone number and e-mail
- The actual defect must be covered under the manufacturer's warranty (as arbiters of
warranty status we reserve the right to void warranties on the basis of misuse, abuse, or
non-compliance with the original equipment manufacturer's warranty procedures).
Although we have a 50 plus year old
inventory of parts, please allow for at least (2) two weeks delivery
time for any parts ordered. Some companies are changing product so fast that parts are
sometimes delayed by as long as 2-3 months for overseas shipments.
No one can afford to stock parts on the vast array of gear that has been
manufactured. Also, remember that
manufacturers are continually dropping older product that they wish to no longer support
and in fact with some exceptions do not support products older than 10 years
of age. (no parts, prints, etc..)
- If it is determined that your repair is not to be covered under
warranty, you should feel free to take it up with the manufacturer (don't shoot us we're
just the piano tuner) but a bench charge for estimation purposes
- We can only go as fast as we can receive parts/prints from the
manufacturer (which has become increasingly difficult due to off-shore
- Please enquire in advance as to whether we
currently perform warranty service on your particular product before bringing
it to us as relationships with companies can change quickly.